Tamir Welfare Organization (Tamir) Pakistan is one of the leading rights-based cross-disability focused organizations in Pakistan. It is a non-profit, non-sectarian, non-political organization having the ambition to strengthen the community through various development projects by fostering self- reliance, self-sufficiency and self-sustained opportunities and available resources.
Tamir was established on January 1, 1996, and registered on October 23, 1996, having registration no. 485/DDSW & WD/FSD/96 with the Social Welfare Department (Government of Punjab) with its main focus on community development. Tamir has been providing the range of quality services to people with disabilities since Oct 1996. Partnership with Leonard Cheshire Services started in 1998 and ‘Tamir Cheshire Community Programme’ initiated in partnership with the main focus of disability and development programme in Pakistan.
In Pakistan, Tamir Cheshire Community Programme (TCCP) is known for its outstanding work on Inclusive Education, Social Rehabilitation, Health & Rehabilitation and Economic Empowerment of people with the disabilities-the key to social inclusion and advocacy for promoting rights of people with disabilities.
Tamir envisions a society in which people with disabilities can enjoy equal rights and have equal opportunities to fulfil their potential. Tamir’s mission is to enable people with disabilities for improving their quality of life and to campaign for removing barriers that hinder them.
- Valuing the individual-Taking time to listen to persons with disabilities and to understand what matters to them.
- Working together-Finding our success in the achievement of persons with disabilities with whom we work.
- Honesty- Building and maintaining a relationship of trust with our stakeholders by being clear about what we can and cannot do and by delivering our promises.
- Creativity-Promoting innovative products, exploring new fields and ways of working.
- Energy- Being ambitious in the goals we set and committing ourselves to their achievement.
- Mutual respect, honour and dignity
- Transparency, accountability and openness
Our Mission “Enabling persons with disabilities to improve their quality of life and to campaign for the removal of the barriers which hinder them”
Our Vision “A community in which persons with disabilities can enjoy equal rights and have opportunities to fulfil their potential” A leader in advocacy for social inclusion Economic Empowerment specialist Focusing & Promoting Abilities Promoting barrier-free society with equal opportunities for ALL
Aim and Objectives
Aim and Objectives
- To Strengthened the rural & urban community through self-reliance activities.
- To Promote self-determination of community members especially economically poor women, children and disable people.
Awareness Rally on International day of PWDs
Each year Tamir-Cheshire Community Programme’ (www.tamir.org.pk) observe International Disability Day on 3rd December ‘in the District Faisalabad for the sensitization of local community on disability issue and promote the rights of disabled people. Tamir with the support of Leonard Cheshire Disability, Allied Bank and Social Welfare Department carried out awareness rally by promoting (United Nation … Continue reading Awareness Rally on International day of PWDs
Awareness Campaign Rally “Stop Polio Forever”
Tamir Cheshire Community Programme, (TCCP) www.tamir.org Pakistan has been partner with Ministry of Social Welfare department since 2000 in the eradication of polio from the society. Government has double its efforts to create awareness in the society regarding polio vaccination and its campaign. This summer, as part of a campaign targeting 27.7 million children across … Continue reading Awareness Campaign Rally “Stop Polio Forever”
Awareness and Sensitization Workshop on the rights PWDs
1) Workshop with Education Department (sub office of Ministry of Education) in Faisalabad District was conducted on 1 April, 2009 where government officers were sentized about the importance of Inclusive Education and UNCRPD. Later, MOU was signed under ‘Public Private Partnership’ between Education Department and TCCP in order to promote IE in the government schools, … Continue reading Awareness and Sensitization Workshop on the rights PWDs